skip to main content

Dual Enrollment - FAQ
Top of Page

  1. What are Dual Enrollment classes with a CCAP agreement?
    Dual enrollment provides current high school students the opportunity to get an early start on earning college credit. Many courses are transferable to four-year colleges and universities, others lead to a short-term certificate and/or associate degree.

  2. How many Dual Enrollment classes can I take per semester at TIDE Academy? 
    15 units per quarter, it is not recommended for high school students to take more than the offered. 

  3. What happens if I take the courses past the 15 free units?
    Students who take more than 15 units during a regular quarter will pay for all enrollment fees.  The student will be responsible for the cost of all the units, not just the units that are over the 15 limit. 

  4. Dual enrollment high school students enrolled in 15 units or more at either Foothill College, De Anza College or combined are considered regular full-time students and will be charged all fees.
    Please note that TIDE students are allowed to take 15 units which is more in comparison to other schools.

  5. Are classes I take at foothill permanently on my college transcript? 
    All Foothill College courses will appear on your permanent record and must be reported to any other college or university to which you apply.

  6. Is there tutoring available for these classes at Foothill?
    Free in-person and online tutoring is available through the Teaching and Learning Center, the STEM Success Center, NetTutor, and OpenStudy which is an online learning community.